How can I make it through the day Without you You have been so much a part of me (and if you'll go) I'll never know what to do How can I carry on my way The memories When all that is left is the pain of my history Why should I live my life today I cannot live out on my own And just forget the love you've always shown And accept the fate of my condition Please don't ever go For I cannot live my life alone Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away How can I make my dreams come true Without you You were the one who gave love to me (And don't you know) You are my fantasy I cannot live out on my own (I can't do anything at all) And just forget the love you've always shown And accept the fate of my condition Please don't ever go For I cannot live my life alone Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away

Sunday, April 23, 2006

memories of "Memoirs of a Geisha"

For the second time, I've watched "Memoirs of a Geisha" and with it came good memories. It made me smile, it made me dream, it made me fall in love... Hearing and watching Sayuri recall her life has made me, somehow, remember parts of my life--or at least a particular day when I was called "boring" because I didn't want to watch a suspense-thriller film. How can I forget the day when I had too much fries that I couldn't even eat them all? Remembering made me long for the extra sweet sundae with jelly-o at Mcdo. It was so sweet, I miss it. In fact, I miss the sweetness so much and I don't think I'd ever find a sundae as sweet as that in Korea; and I guess Mcdo will not offer it again. And even if they do, I don't think it would be as sweet as it passed my throat that night. Yeah, moments do fleet faster than my taste buds could register any other taste; and if I'd known that before, I guess I should have taken a picture of it. But then...

"no one can stop the flow of time.
but a picture kept inside a heart
wil always be there.
deep within, the picture will be displayed
and it will forever touch the heart...
sweetly...
bitterly..."
I've never given much thought on the question of believing in destiny. But I think I'm believing it now, though not entirely. What we are partly decides what we will be. There are just some things that we cannot avoid. Ah, not some things but a lot of things--a whole lot that it makes us think sometimes that we are being controlled by an unseen force (otherwise called as destiny) like a puppet, played at will. It sucks, I know. We are all victims of it. We dream dreams and yet we are so much hindered by so many things. I've thought before that believing is enough; but I've learned that each person is over-determined by so many factors that sheer will power is not enough. Perhaps, I should learn when to fight some more, and when to finally give in.
But then, fairy tales sometimes do come true. "Memoirs of a Geisha" afterall is a true story and if she believed--took each step of her life towards one dream of having the love of her life no matter how long and hard it takes-- and ended up happy, then it could happen to anyone. It could happen to me.
<*sigh*> I guess a fairy tale is not the kind of life my destiny chose for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger anae said...

hindi mo pa din alm kung ano bang ending nang buhay., mo kay happy ever after ba., di mo nga alm kung nasa gitna ka eh, kaya la pang masabi kong ano bang destiny nating lahat

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrama..pero parang mas madrama pa rin ako ngayung gabi, may theme nga ata comments ko sayo ngayon eh, self-centered. haha ah well, just to remind you na wag mo akong kakalimutan ah! *sniff*

....anyway astig naman ng mga thoughts mo,hehe pwedeng pang fanfic! :D

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home