How can I make it through the day Without you You have been so much a part of me (and if you'll go) I'll never know what to do How can I carry on my way The memories When all that is left is the pain of my history Why should I live my life today I cannot live out on my own And just forget the love you've always shown And accept the fate of my condition Please don't ever go For I cannot live my life alone Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away How can I make my dreams come true Without you You were the one who gave love to me (And don't you know) You are my fantasy I cannot live out on my own (I can't do anything at all) And just forget the love you've always shown And accept the fate of my condition Please don't ever go For I cannot live my life alone Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away Say you'll never go Say you'll never go out my way Say you'll never go For we can still go on And make it through Just say you'll never go Say you'll never go away

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

getting to know my shit

Korean Literature.

I know I made one shitty paper. I, myself, wasn't a bit satisfied but I felt, then, that I couldn't do anything more.

The paper went back and I was criticized like never before. Not even Ferlo did that. My papers didn't go back with all sorts of comments and criticism (except for a "masyadong sexist ang language mo!). The grade spoke for itself and I shrugged at those marks, high or not. Sometimes, I read my papers over and over again to see just how I got a certain grade. What did he like? What he didn't?

But the paper, the one simple reaction paper that I did went back---murdered. It was kind of comforting that the comments didn't go in red or else it would really look so bloody, almost pitiful. It didn't only have in-text comments but my professor even included a separate paper with more comments, implying that I'm not creative enough and that I needed to read more closely. He said that I need not extract a moral from a literary piece. Shit, I've been doing that for years and no one told me that I wasn't supposed to do that?!

I am not bitter. In fact, I'm more of grateful for it. I felt happy to be criticized. I felt happy, knowing what sorts of mistakes I did. I felt happy, learning. And I'm even happier that despite the homicide, I still got a 7/10.

The thing is, I wish I knew how I got my grades and how to maintain or improve them. My professors in UST aren't patient enough to do that, put comments, suggestions and even correct grammar and punctuation. I don't learn from the numbers marked at the upper corners of my papers.

Tapos magrereklamo ang mga profs na despite,us, writing over and over again, despite our 3 years in Literature, we still commit the same simple mistakes. But heck, we don't even know where we went wrong, that's why we keep doing them. Para ba 'tong 'Mastermind'? Super trial and error ba 'to hanggang sa maka-jackpot? What if it's too late? What if we run out of chances?

Ferlo is rude. I learned from him but I think I can learn more. The criticism I got from my Korean class was not, in any way, rude but I understood well. I may not be able to do exactly what he want to get from me in my next paper but I guess I have to try again next time until I get it right.

1 Comments:

Blogger anae said...

7/10

ok na kaya yun,.
at least me natutunan ka nanaman from korea:)

oo nga,. di man sila nag sasabi kung ano ba talga ang mali natin,. minsan nga maski speling eh,.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home